Thursday, November 10, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding






I just have to say, it smells HEAVENLY in here.  That being said, not only does this bread pudding smell divine, it’s also simple to make and absolutely delicious. Like I’ve said before, I don’t really follow recipes. I basically made this up as I went along and ended up with an amazing dish. I meant to take pictures of each step, but got caught up with what I was doing. I PROMISE to post pictures with my next recipe. Here’s your guide to apple cinnamon goodness:

Ingredients:

1 loaf of bread (I used wheat)
3 small apples
4 eggs
2 cups milk
1½ cup applesauce
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 Tb cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg 

Instructions:

1.     Preheat oven at 350°.
2.     Slice bread into cubes.  Cut them as big or as small as you’d like. I usually cut in threes vertically and horizontally. Place bread in large bowl
3.     Slice apples into chunks and place into bowl with bread.
4.     Mix half of the brown sugar with half of the white sugar and half of the cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of bread and apple mixture. Gently toss the mixture.
5.     In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, applesauce, remaining brown sugar, white granulated sugar, cinnamon, and dash of nutmeg.
6.     Pour over bread and apples. Mix together, ensuring every piece of bread has liquid on it. Let it sit for 10 minutes, so the bread soaks up the liquid.
7.     Transfer mixture to greased 9 ½ by 13in baking dish.
8.     Bake for 45 minutes.
9.     Remove from oven and enjoy!

I hope you enjoy this dish as much as my family does.  Stay tuned for more delicious recipes and hopefully some crafts coming soon. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment