Friday, November 4, 2011

Chicken Spinach Pasta Bake


I’ve been struggling to find time to use my pinspiration. I finally decided to cook this chicken, spinach, pasta bake that I’ve had my eye on for a while. I have to be honest and tell you that I DO NOT follow recipes. I think it’s a control thing, but my cooking is pretty good. I enjoy making a dish that has been inspired/pinspired by someone else’s recipe, but since I didn’t follow the recipe it is all mine J.

Here is my pin: Chicken Spinach Bake

Here’s my Chicken, Spinach, Pasta Bake :

Sorry for horrible pic...My daughter couldn't wait to have some!
Ingredients:

1 box pasta
2 Chicken breasts
½ bag Frozen spinach
8oz Cheddar cheese
½ cup Bread crumbs
1 cup Milk
2 Tb Flour
2 Tb Butter
Olive oil
Seasoning of your choice (ie. Mrs. Dash or Nature’s season)

1.     Fill a pot with water and put it over high heat on the stove. Put lid on to speed up the boiling process.
2.     While the water is heating up, cut your chicken into equal size pieces. Season and cook in a sauté pan. Once cooked, remove chicken from pan and place on the side
3.     Once the water is boiling, add salt and a bit of olive oil. Add pasta and stir.
4.     While the pasta cooks, make your béchamel (white sauce) in a saucepan. Melt butter and add flour. Once combined whisk in milk. Stir in half of your cheddar cheese.
5.     Drain water from pasta and place pasta back in the pot. Add spinach, seasoning chicken, and sauce. Stir together.
6.     Pour mixture into a casserole dish. Top with breadcrumbs and remaining cheese.
7.     Place in 350° oven and bake until the cheese is melted. 
This recipe is super simple and very easy to make. Mac n cheese is one of my go to meals. I always have pasta, cheese, and frozen veggies on hand. I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as mine did. Feel free to change it up and make it your own J!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment