Saturday, November 19, 2011

Headband Holder






Hello all! My latest pinspired project was a bit of a task but it turned out GREAT! My daughter has an obscene amount of headbands and I'm tired of digging through 40 plus of them to find the one I need. No, that was not a typo, I meant 40. I told you it was an obscene amount, but I love it. I love baby girls with big headbands. Back to my project... I found a few headband holders on Pinterest and of course pinned them. I had all the materials for the one I made on hand already so I went with that one. Only catch is, there are still  more headbands in the drawer. I’ll be working on a second holder soon. This particular headband holder should have been easy to make, had I followed instructions, but since I was going by the picture and my creativity alone, it took longer than it should have. But nonetheless, it was a fun project.
     To make this headband holder you will need:
         1 Antibacterial wipes  container (ie Clorox, Lysol)
         1 12x12 Sheet of pretty scrapbook paper
         Hot glue gun and glue sticks
         Scissors
         Fabric /crepe paper
         Ribbon
         Pencil  
                           
 (If you notice, there is double sided tape in the photo. That didn’t work out too well so I brought out my trusty glue gun. )
1. Stand your container upright and wrap the paper around it. Using your pencil draw a line about an inch above the top. Cut along the line.
2. Take the top off and lay the container down in the middle of the paper so that you have some hanging over both the top and the bottom. Glue the paper around the container. Glue the paper to the bottom of the container. Fold the paper over the top of the container and glue. (This last part didn’t work out for me so I just cut it down.
3.  Place the top of your container in the middle of your fabric. Cut around it. Fold over the edges of the top and glue. If you are using crepe paper, just wrap it around the top and glue, like paper mache. This is the method I used. (I originally used paper….not one of my best ideas.)
 4. If you use fabric you can probably tie a nice bow and glue it right on top. I wanted to cover up the crepe paper so I used a wide ribbon and wrapped it around the top and tied a bow on top. I have to warn you...you may not be able to securely close your container, although this shouldn’t be a problem. I pushed the top down as far as I could but could still see white. I took a piece of ribbon and wrapped it around the top to cover the white spots.
5. Glue on any embellishments. I used an initial sticker and a few feathers.

Overall, this was a successful project. I smile every time I walk by it on top of my daughter’s dresser. I hope she enjoys it. J As always, thank you for reading. I hope I’ve inspired you to get crafty!

2 comments:

  1. It can be so hard to keep all of the hair stuff in order! This is a great idea!
    ~Tonia @TheGunnySack.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best idea anyone ever came up with lol! I'll have to make another one soon.

    ReplyDelete