Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Rice and Chicken Casserole

Thought you all might like another quick and easy go to recipe, so here goes. Last night I made a yummy chicken and rice casserole. I don't have any pictures :(, but I guaruntee I'll be making this again so I'll definitely update this post.

Ingredients:

4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups rice
2 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 can of water (once you remove the soup)
1/2 bag of frozen vegetables

1. Put two cups of rice into a pot with two cups of water. Add salt and a tablespoon of olive oil. Put on medium heat.
2. Cut chicken into even pieces and season. Stir rice and when all the water is absorbed, remove it from the heat. 
3. Stir in the vegetables, chicken, cream of chicken soup, and half a can of water. 
4. Pour into a casserole dish and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Cover with foil
5. Place into the oven at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. Uncover and remove from oven when cheese is melted. 

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment