Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cake Mix Pumpkin Bread with Crumb topping




YUM!!! This cake mix pumpkin bread is simple to make and absolutely delicious. I had some leftover pumpkin pie filling from my Thanksgiving pumpkin cupcakes that I froze. Yes, I froze pumpkin pie filling and it was just fine when defrosted. I tend to freeze a lot of things. Some things, most things, can be frozen. Potatoes....not so much. I haven't figured that one out yet, but that's a discussion for another day. Back to my delicious cake mix pumpkin bread. I got the idea from a pin I found on Pinterest.
This is it:
  
Source: bakingdom.com via Melissa on Pinterest
I used about half a can of pumpkin pie filling, so I had to use other ingredients. If you use an entire can of the filling or pumpkin puree you will only need the cake mix and puree. The recipe here uses only half a can. I love pumpkin, but I know some people don't and hesitant to try it in baked goods. The pumpkin flavor in this bread is very mild and tastes a lot like a rich spice cake. It's yummy! Trust me! Here's my recipe:
1 box cake mix ( I used yellow)
1/2 can pumpkin pie filling 
1 cup milk
1 egg
2 Tb melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg

Brown Sugar Crumb topping:
1 cup flour
1 stick of butter (melted)
½ cup brown sugar
1 Tb cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
  1.  Preheat your oven at 400 degrees. Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl until ingredients are all combined. 
  2. Grease two loaf pans or a few mini ones. Pour your batter in and top with crumb topping.
3.Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until you prick it with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
    4. Remove it from the oven and let it cool. Once completely cooled you can go around the edges with a      
        pancake flipper and gently remove it from the pan. (I was worried about that part but mine came out     
        easily.)
    5. Try not to eat it before its time to serve!



I promise you will really enjoy this recipe. This was my first time improvising with cake mix. Baking is such a precise science and one extra ingredient can turn into a disaster. I'm so proud of myself for this one. I hope you love it just as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment