Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Freezer Smoothies

Have you ever wanted a smoothie, but didn't want to take out the blender or didn't have the fruit to make one? I've been there and these two things have helped me with my smoothie addiction! First, buy your favorite fruit in bulk when it's on sale. Second, make smoothies ahead of time and freeze them in popsicle molds or small containers. You can use whatever fruits you like. This is just one of the combinations I make

Ingredients:
1 Banana
1 C strawberries
1 C mango
Water ( add a little at a time to get the consistency you want)
* Use orange juice instead of water for added sweetness*

1.Put all the fruit in a blender and blend. Add as much water or orange juice until it reaches the consistency you desire.
2. Pour into glasses to enjoy now or freeze to enjoy whenever you're in the mood for a smoothie!


Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect for spring and summer-I LOVE this idea!! xox

    ReplyDelete